Thursday 12 May 2016

Sudden prayer makes God jump!



Today as on most Thursdays I went to pray to the usual chapel. As I knelt down the first thing I did was to pray for my Catholic Mothers and their intentions, I then prayed for my mum and, after a few other things on the list, as I could feel the tiredness of the past weeks and the burden of the weeks ahead... fixing my eyes on the Blessed Sacrament and then on the Divine Mercy picture calling my attention, tears started flowing down my cheeks. The eyes of that merciful Jesus were on me and and yet I was struggling to feel loved. 

As there were other people in the chapel I tried to stop the tears from coming, I calmed down and told Him how much I needed to feel His Love, how much I needed to know that He cared for me and I asked Him to help me or at least give me the strength to do all that was asked of me. 

Going to work is a struggle and I rarely get to rest when I come back home, as you all know, there are so many things to arrange, dinner to prepare, children to care for, washing to sort and so on.

I have been lacking energy (I only recently found out my Iron level is low) and the house needed the sort of attention I hadn’t been able to give… I hate to admit to myself that ‘I can’t do everything’ …

I slowly walked back to work and felt at peace but still exhausted.
As I came home the house was super tidy and clean and for the first time in months I managed to put my feet up and even lie down for a few hours before feeding the troop! My darling husband and my dear sister had done all the work for me! I cried again this time for joy and I felt that love and care I had asked for in prayer! God once showed his providence and love through my loved ones! 

                                         



                                                  As it is said:

Christ has 
no body now on earth but yours,
no hands but yours,
no feet but yours,
yours are the eyes through which Christ's compassion
is to look out to the earth,
yours are the feet by which He is to go about doing good
and yours are the hands by which He is to bless us now.
St Teresa of Avila


          Today God used Pierpaolo and Roberta's heart to show Himself to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment